Friday, June 5, 2015

Urban Graffiti - The Color Plan

I'm not usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" person, and like to know where I am going before I start. So I almost always have a color guide that I use before I paint.

I photocopied the line drawing of the kids and printed it several times on copier paper. I then used water color paints to try out some color variations. I needed to change the color of the clothes for some of the kids to unify the painting. I also thought the clothes were a little dark. I was aiming for a more colorful appearance to this piece.

Here are some of the color plans:





They are messy, for sure. I am not trying to do a piece of art with these, just get an idea of the overall color appearance. 


This is the color plan I am tentatively settling on:




I’m still not completely sold on some of the clothing colors, but its a place to start. I'll paint in the colors that I know I like first and probably make some changes after I see it on the fabric. 

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment