Most of the kids have brown hair, with the exception of one blondy in the group. I painted the blond hair first, because I knew I needed to put blond highlights on the brown hair before I put in the darker values.
For the blond hair I used mixtures of white and yellow ochre, some lighter and some medium values. Browns were used in the darker areas of the blond hair for shadow areas and depth.
I mixed brown hair color from the flesh tones and some other darker/reddish colors and made various shades of brown hair. The autumn leaf color used in the flesh tones helped to make the browns richer looking. I tried to make sure there were highlights and loose ends sticking out from the hats so it didn’t look like a helmet.
On to the clothes...