Friday, October 9, 2015

Thread Painting

This year I had the opportunity to take a class at Asilomar, and I chose a thread painting class with Pam Holland. This is the Wolf that Pam Holland was suggesting that students make in the class:

Pam Holland's Wolf










We had the option to do something of our own, and it seemed that most people in the class opted for another subject to make. I have wanted to make a rooster for a long time, and I thought the thread painting stitches would lend themselves to feathers, so that is what I chose. Here is my finished Rooster that I started in that class and finished later on my own:

Free Range Rooster by Eileen Wintemute

I loved the class, partly for the techniques that I learned, and partly because I found Pam Holland so enjoyable to spend time with. I can see why she has the number of followers that she has! In fact, I am going to the Houston Quilt Festival in a few weeks and have signed up for another class with her while there.

I'm going to show you how I made this in the next few posts. I hope you enjoy learning about Pam's process.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment