Sunday, June 17, 2018

Ruby Slippers?

I've been posting about the making of this Halloween themed art quilt. In today's post I'm going to show you the broom, pumpkin and shoes on the little witch that is the main event of this piece.



The broom was done in two pieces, the stick and the brush part. Both were made from a fabric that I purchased. Here is the broom stick:

 The fabric for the broom stick looked like a wood grain, which was perfect for this application.



Here is the brush part of the broom:




I used a commercial fabric and painted a red brown color on the shadow side.



The pumpkin that the witch is holding is shown below, with the handle not yet in place:



I made the pumpkin from a commercial orange fabric. I painted the face on and added some highlights and shadows. The handle was stitched on later using a Zig Zag stitch.








Okay, they are not ruby slippers, or even ruby colored shoes. The shoes the witch wore are made from a dark orange fabric. But, they are almost ruby slippers, right?




Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment