Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Background Construction

 Here is the little girl after the clothing and body parts have been painted. I fuse them to a piece of muslin to keep everything in the right place. I will cut the muslin away close to the fabric so that you can't see it, but here it is before trimming.

In this post I'm working on the background fabrics. I usually just start pulling various colors out and see what works well with the colors I already have. In this case, maroons and browns seemed to work well. Here is a stack I pulled to consider for this project:




Once you think you  have the right colors, then it's a matter of arranging them in a pleasing manner.
Here are some in progress photos of the background design process:




































You get the idea. It's trial and error and you keep building until you are satisfied. Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment