Sunday, August 27, 2017

Background Decisions







I decided to use this rust colored fabric for the background of "On the Boulevard".  It has nice contrast with the main subject and has a subtle design. The close up below shows the design more clearly.
















So what to do on the background? I like the storefront angles and the flags in the photo below. One option is to put that design element in the background.



Another option is to have a couple of figures in the background area. This is what that would look like:


   The figures would be done in tulle so they are subtle as compared to the main subject.

I opted for the storefront instead of the figures. I thought the figures were too dominating. I will use couching of yarns and thread painting to put in the background features. I'll show that as I get more of it done.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment