Sunday, July 23, 2017

Face and Hair - Painting




To the right is the photograph of the little girl whose face I am painting. Below you see three stages of the painted process. You can see the lines I have put in to guide my painting. The dotted or dashed lines indicate softer edges for color transitioning. The marker I use is removed with ironing, so it does not show up on the final painting.

One of the points I am making with this post is that painting a face is often creepy. The image looks weird and unnatural until you get all of the values (light, medium and dark) in place.















In the early stages of painting a face I often look at the image and think, "Oh this is not going to work out, I'll probably have to repaint this one".  But by the time I get to the end it is OK. So my advice is, hang in there and get through the creepy stage before you make any judgments.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment