Sunday, August 20, 2017

Progress Update - "On the Boulevard"

  I am leaning towards "On the Boulevard" for the title of this piece.  I'll try it out here for a while and see what I think.

I have been making steady progress on  this one, and I'm going to show some details of parts of it with this post:

Bags;

There are three bags in my Mom's hand. I chose three different red fabrics for these, and used paint to add shadows and highlights.  The red is a nice contrast to the blues and grays. Here is a close up of them:












Pin:

There is a gold colored lapel pin on the jacket. I can't tell exactly what it is, but it could be a bird on a branch. It has that look to it. I initially cut out a gold fabric for this, but it looked too flat and artificial to me.




I had a scrap fabric that I had been using to remove paint from my brush. It had a lot of white and a mix of other colors. I painted that fabric with a gold paint, and then touched it up to add some variation to the color. This is what I came up with:




It seems to look more natural than the first one, so I'll use this one.

Jacket fabric:

I love this dark blue paisley for the jacket fabric. I used paint to give it shadows and highlights, but the main thing I wanted to say was, I love that fabric for this jacket!



My next post will be about the background. Thanks for visiting my blog!


2 comments:

  1. Everything you have done with this image is fantastic. I looked closely at the jacket,skirt and blouse and am astounded as what you have managed to achieve with shading. This is going to ge another great "attitude" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece! It's coming along fabulously!

    ReplyDelete