Saturday, July 15, 2017


 Lately I've been showing some of the steps used to make an art quilt based on this photograph. Today's post is about the slippers. If you look closely you will see that they are orange, fuzzy slippers with skulls on them. The skulls have a pretty pink ribbon, so obviously they are girl skulls. I can see why any little girl would want to have these in her closet...

So, to start with, I found a bright orange fabric, once again in my stash. This fabric was left over from something my Mother made. It was just a little piece that I probably wasn't sure was worth keeping. As it turns out, it was perfect for the slippers.

  I laid the orange fabric over my enlarged drawing and traced the shape. Then I cut out the slipper and painted the shaded areas on the slipper.

To make the skulls I first drew them in my sketchbook and then laid some white fabric over the drawing and painted them. After they were painted I believe I fused or glued them to the orange slippers.

Here you see the finished slippers. I think they turned out pretty cute!

 Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment