Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"From Matilda to Mary to Me" - Juried in to Sacred Threads

"From Matilda to Mary to Me"
This is my art quilt about advice passed down from my Grandmother to my Mother and then to me. I made it in the year after my Mom passed away, and I think it was part of my grieving process.

I was thrilled to learn that it had been juried in to the Sacred Threads 2017 exhibit. Sacred Threads is "an exhibition of quilts expressing life's journeys - Joy, Inspiration, Spirituality, Healing, Grief and Peace". Each quilt is entered into one of these categories. I entered mine in the grief category. To learn more about Sacred Threads, click here: Sacred Threads

The exhibit will be in Herndon Virginia. The dates for the show are July 7 through 23, 2017. The exhibit will be held at the Floris United Methodist Church, located at 13600 Frying Pan Road, Herndon, Virginia. I wish I knew why that street was called Frying Pan Road. 

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Eileen. This is not only a great quilt but it is also a beautiful tribute to your mother' memory.

    ReplyDelete