Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tin Tile Background Enhancement

I decided to do stitching to enhance the tin tile image in the background of the Flamingo piece. I used a meandering, tightly stitched pattern. To help me see the image better I used a Frixion marker to draw the lines of the design. Then I stitched the area around this design thoroughly. Here are some in-progress photos:











My thought while doing this small stitching is "one-eighth inch spacing". That helps me keep the size of the open areas consistent. The center is done now. On to the border design area! I'll post that when it is done. Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Your close meandering quilting really makes the tin tile print AND the flamingo stand out. Thanks for the tip about the 1/8" stitching to keep the meandering equally spaced. This is a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see how you treat the border.

    ReplyDelete