Thursday, September 22, 2016

Flamingo Stiching Complete!

















And I'm finished with the stitching! I think this kind of stitching, with such small spacing, is called micro-stitching, or micro-quilting. I'm glad to have it done! It takes a fair amount of time for a small space!

I am pleased with the appearance though. I should add that I straight stitched the border around the center on my "regular" sewing machine.

My next step is squaring it up and deciding on either a binding or facing for the piece. Right now I'm leaning toward a binding.

I also noticed that a couple corners were not painted to the edge. After I trim it up I will paint those white areas to match the blue. I'll show you that when I get to that stage.




Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Sharing this creative journey with you has been grand. Your micro quilting really makes the flamingo stand out.

    ReplyDelete