So what the heck is this monstrosity? It is my in-progress flamingo. In my last post I talked about using a printed image of a flamingo painting for the background of my thread painting. Well I didn't want to do the whole painting, just one flamingo. So I cut one of the flamingos out of fabric, sort of. The print didn't have the entire flamingo printed on it, so I had to improvise and add in tail feathers and the leg bottom from other flamingos, with some ink drawing from me. It's a bit of a Frankenstein flamingo at this point, but it will improve, I promise!
In fact this is what it looks like after being completely cut out and laid on something white on my floor. It's not so strange looking now.
I forgot to mention that I put fusible on the back of the flamingo before I cut it out. Now that it is cut out and it has a fusible back, I can iron it on to the background fabric for this piece. That will be my next post. Thanks for visiting my blog!