Saturday, February 24, 2018

Another Black and White Desert

Years ago I made this art quilt for a traveling exhibit:



I called it "Black and White Desert". It was in a show in Poway, CA a few years ago, and one of my cousins saw it and liked it very much. It was not for sale, but she commented that she would like to have it.

This cousin recently had a milestone birthday, and a few months ago I was asked to make a second version of this art quilt for her as a joint gift from several of us for her birthday. I was very happy to do this, and we gave it to her just last week at her birthday party. I am happy to report that she loved it! My next few posts are going to show the making of this art quilt, which is shown below.

Mary's Desert Oasis




I call it Mary's Desert Oasis. She lives in the Phoenix area and it goes well in her decor. You can see how similar it is to the first one. I'll tell you more about this one soon! Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment