Friday, December 15, 2017

Some Recent Things I've Been Doing



 

I thought I"d show you some of what has been keeping me busy lately. This is a picture of me with my niece, who is depicted in my art quilt, Shootie-Pie. This piece is one of my "Attitudes!" pieces that is in my exhibit.  I have been busy getting all the pieces done and the exhibit ready for shipping. It will ship today to the Mancuso Florida World Quilt Show!



Watercolor! I've been taking two watercolor painting classes this fall. One is in a class room and one is plein air. I've been focusing on painting more quickly. I don't have a lot of time to paint at home, so I want to get a painting done while I'm at the class. I try to paint on a smaller scale and move more quickly. My work is looser than it otherwise would be, but I'm improving with the faster painting practice. This was an assignment on palm trees. It is from a photo I took in Hawaii.



Ukulele! I play ukulele and this is me (second from the left, the shortest one) doing "Santa Baby" at a performance with the group I play with. It is a lot of fun!

I hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season! Thank for visiting my blog!

1 comment: