Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Finishing Up A City Scape

Red and Blue Tie Scape



I like to use men's ties to make city-scapes. I cut the ties and use the various parts as buildings. I like to place the ties on a background that is a man's handkerchief. I associate the ties and handkerchiefs with men's work attire from a by-gone era. I like the idea of using these to create a depiction of the place they would have gone to work. It's an homage to working attire in a big city, I guess.

The ties often are made of interesting and beautiful silk fabrics. They are not stiff and often end up being a little wonky in their appearance as a building.  I think that adds to the charm of the city.

I have made a few of these over the years, and I have taught workshops on making a "tie-scape". When you teach a workshop in something you end up with a few partially finished items, all at various stages of completion. I've decided to finish my in progress tie-scapes, and I'm going to show that work on my blog. 

These are photos of a couple of other partially finished ties scapes. I plan to finish all of these, but I'm going to start with the one I show above. Thanks for visiting my blog!


Red and Brown Tie Scape





Blue and Yellow Tie Scape

No comments:

Post a Comment