Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Urban Graffiti - Next Steps

Photograph by Alexandra Sloan
I'm continuing my posting about the Urban Graffiti Fiber Art piece today. This is the photo I'll be using for the piece. I need to get it transferred to fabric, and that is what this post is about.

Rather than draw out each kid, I decided to make a line drawing of the photo using an APP on my IPhone called “Sketch”.  This line drawing of the photos is saved as a jpeg. Here is the Sketch version of this photo:



My next step was to have the sketch jpeg printed on fabric by Spoonflower. The desired finished size of the piece is 24”high  x 36”wide, so I had it printed to fit those dimensions. I’ve wanted to try this technique for a while and it will save me time, which I am short of for this entry. 



Next steps that I will post about are adding Graffiti to the wall. Thanks for visiting my blog!



1 comment:

  1. Having your phone "sketch" the figures and then have Spoonflower print it are brilliant ideas. Thanks for sharing these tips.

    ReplyDelete