Monday, January 19, 2015

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE!!!


"It's a Wonderful Life" by Eileen Wintemute


I’m proud to have this art quilt that I call “It’s A Wonderful Life” in the “My Inner Self Portrait” exhibit at Road to California this year. Beyond the Edge Fiber Artists is presenting this exhibit at Road. This year is Road to California’s 25th anniversary, so it should be a great show. I’m sure there are many special things planned.

This is the description that Beyond the Edge prepared for the “My Inner Self Portrait” exhibit:

A fine arts fiber exhibit exploring aspects of self-portraiture that look beyond the mere physical to review that which is unique to us as individuals and/or that which is universal to all.

We were asked to prepare something to show how we see ourselves. As a child I was very shy and my shyness prevented me from trying experiences that I know I would have enjoyed. In high school I realized I was missing out on a lot, and started to push myself more. Much to my delight I found friends, happy memories and accomplishments once I took some chances. Today I am a happy person with many blessings and accomplishments, partly because I have been blessed, and partly because I overcame my shyness.  My quilt is intended reflect all of that.


I will be showing how I made this in my upcoming posts. In the meantime, I hope I see you at Road. As always, thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment