Sunday, July 8, 2012

Black and White with a Twist
















I

 This is a photo of an art quilt I made for the  Quilts on the Wall "Black and White with a Twist" exhibit for the Long Beach International Quilt Festival in July. The exhibit required the use of 90% black and white fabrics with 10% of another color.
I am proud to say it has been juried into the Long Beach exhibit. It is shown here hanging against my black back drop.  



I started this piece by making a sketch and then enlarging it to the finished size.  The full size drawing is used to make pattern pieces for the elements in the art quilt.



The photo above shows the value/color plan used for the quilt. Since the colors were primarily black and white it really is more of a texture plan. I used a variety of different black and white prints as well as different types of solid fabrics to give variation to the background. My next entry will show more of the background fabrics and steps used to create this piece.








No comments:

Post a Comment