Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art Quilts on Display at the QSC Expo in Reno, June 30- July 2, 2011

If you are in the area the weekend of June 30th - July 2nd, try to check out the QSC (Quilting, Stitches and Craft ) Expo in Reno. Two of my art quilts will be on display at this exhibition.

The quilt shown in these photos, which I call "Shell Seekers", is part of the Quilts on the Wall  "Discovery" Exhibit. This quilt was made from photos taken of visits to Moonstone, Oso Flaco and Pismo beaches on the central coast of California. I painted the scenes in the quilt using Tsukineko Paints. This close up shows my Sister-in-law Thea and niece Shannon collecting moonstones.


My other quilt on display is called "Pheasant", and is part of the "Nobel Seasons - Fall" exhibit. This quilt is shown in my slideshow, and to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment