Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Route 66 - Mojave National Preserve

Mojave National Preserve, along Historic Route 66
Kelly Gallegher-Abbott and Patt Blair are co-curating a traveling exhibit featuring quilts based on Historic Route 66 locations. Each quilt in the exhibit  depicts a location along Route 66, which goes from Chicago, Illinois to Los Angeles, California. I understand it is a wonderful exhibit.

The feature I chose on Route 66 is the Mojave National Preserve, and my quilt depicting this location is shown to the left. I included the Kelso Depot Visitor Center, local mountain ranges, some creosote and Joshua Trees, a hare and of course desert tortoises.

I am happy to say this piece was accepted into the traveling exhibit. It was just at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival. I am not sure of its next stop, but I will put that information in this blog once I know it. I will also be including some information on my construction techniques and detail from the quilt in upcoming posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment