Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Batik Vase

I am currently working on some small pieces that I plan to sell. This is the first of two that I call Batik Vases.  The background fabric is a batik with all the colors of the vase and flowers in it. The vase is a organza, and I put fusible on the back of the flower fabrics and cut them out. The white flowers are sections of a piece of lace. Next step is quilting.













This is the coordinating batik vase. The background is the same and the vase fabric is the same. I used the lace on the vases to add some additional unifying element to the pieces.

I have couched yarn to make the flowers and stems. The flowers look a little ghostly at this stage. I am going to fill them in with oil paint stick and see if that helps. Then quilting.

 I will post photos from the next stages soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment