Sunday, January 27, 2019

Beaded Autumn Leaves

Here is another recently completed project:

Beaded Autumn Leaves

It is a small project, about 8" x 10". It started out as an experiment with oil paint sticks and a few leaf templates. I placed the leaf templates on an orange, mottled fabric and traced or filled in around the shapes with oil paint stick. Then I sandwiched it and stitched through the three layers.















The leaf shapes were in my "projects to be completed in the future" bag for a long time. Last year I decided they needed some beading to jazz them up a bit. I beaded along the leaf veins.




 Then I stitched yarn around the edge and framed the piece.



It is now completed and ready to be displayed next fall!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment