Monday, September 24, 2018

"Home on the Range" Pillow

  This is a little back pillow that I made for my computer chair. I had some leftover paint in my fabric painting palette one day, and I decided to use it up instead of washing it down the sink.

Here is the painting on the white fabric that I used:





It's not a great painting but I liked trying to create something from what otherwise would have been wasted.

Here is the top after I cut the painting down and sewed on some side panels. I also couched some yarn down around the edges of the painted area and on the border.

















This is the back fabric that I used. I sewed overlapping panels so that I could slip the pillow form in it.



Waste not, want not is a great philosophy.

Thanks for visiting my blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment