Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Peacock Background Process


I'm showing photos from the creation of a peacock art quilt that I started in a workshop with Susan Carlson. This post shows the progression of making the background. 

Here I am cutting out the peacock collage piece from the muslin that it was built on:



Next I did a lot of experimenting with different fabrics to find the right design for the background:

 I liked the orange colors. They make the peacock colors pop.














I considered making the bottom darker, as if it was a ground surface. This idea was considered but I rejected it.





  I wondered if putting blues in would make it tie back in to the peacock. I considered this but rejected it.

















I did many other iterations and this last one is close to what I ended up doing. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do on this. It really was a struggle for some reason! But it is done now, thankfully!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment