Sunday, July 29, 2018

My Peacock Project!

In the spring of 2017 I took a workshop with Susan Carlson to learn her fabric collage technique. It was at the Asilomar Conference Center. The workshop was a fun and worthwhile experience. I started a peacock art quilt in that workshop. I am almost done with it, so I thought I would use the next couple of posts to show the progression of the making of this art quilt. Here are some photos:

My inspiration was a peacock that I saw at a zoo in Hawaii. Here is my photo of that peacock:



My drawing from that photo:



The drawing on white muslin. The collage process has started.




In progress:











This was about as much as I did in the workshop. Once I got it home I finished the bird up and then it was time for the background. I'll show that in the next post.  Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment