Monday, May 28, 2018

The Witching Hour!

"The Witching Hour" by Eileen Wintemute

Today I'm starting a series of posts about this fiber art piece I recently completed. It is called "The Witching Hour", and I made it for a challenge with a theme of "It's not easy being green." 

I like to make fiber art pieces with human figures in them, so the idea of doing a little green witch appealed to me. One of my friends had a photograph of her granddaughter dressed up for Halloween as a green witch, so I used that as the basis for the witch. Here is that photo:


She's scary and pretty cute! 

The challenge required the quilt to be 35 inches square, so outside of the witch, I had a lot of area to fill in.  I knew I wanted gourds and spider webs, but I ended up needing several more elements to fill in the space. I got a lot of ideas by Googling "witch's room" images. Witches rooms are packed full of items, so there was no shortage of ideas once I did that. 

I'll show the steps in the making of this art quilt in subsequent posts. Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment