Thursday, January 7, 2016

Julia's Bonsai

Happy 2016 to All of You!





I thought I would start the new year off by showing you a little fiber art piece that I completed near the end of 2015. It is a small art quilt mounted on a canvas. The art quilt is another bonsai tree, and it is based on a painting of a bonsai that I did a few years ago. I went through a bonsai phase with my watercolors and fiber arts, and apparently haven't gotten it completely out of my system yet. I think this is number 5 in the series!

So, I had a small bonsai painting that I liked and I got it printed on fabric at Spoonflower (on-line company that prints images on fabric). I chose to have several small sizes printed thinking I might make small art pieces and sell them. I still might do that, but this piece was a gift for my friend Julia. 

The first step was making the small art quilt. Then I painted the canvas and adhered the quilt to it. Next came finishing the back of the canvas. 

I'll show some details of this fiber art piece in upcoming posts. But for now, I wish you a Happy 2016 and as always, I thank you for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment