Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fabric Painting at Teresa Shippy's

 This is fabric that was painted at one of Teresa Shippy's workshops last week.  Teresa owns a bunch of tin tiles that she uses for making painted "impressions" on fabric. You lay the wet fabric on the tile and then apply paint using  a couple of different techniques. I applied the rust orange color using Setacolor paints, and then flicked on some yellow paint after the first layer was dry.

 The photo below is a close up to show the imprint on the fabric a little better, I hope.


I intend to stitch around these impressions to enhance the design, and then see if there is anything else I need to do to it. Perhaps some beading???? Anyway, it was a fun class and I encourage to take one some time. I am going to try to do this each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment