Thursday, May 10, 2012


making pattern pieces

numbering pieces


A few posts back I mentioned that you have to enlarge your sketch to the finished size of your piece. Now I am going to describe the next steps that I take in creating a fiber art piece. Above you see the enlarged sketch for a black and white piece I have recently finished.  Using the full size enlargement I make pattern pieces from each part of the landscape. I first use a black sharpie to clearly delineate my landscape parts and then I number each one. Next I place freezer paper over the parts and trace them. The number is recorded on the freezer paper piece so I know where it goes after it is cut out. The upper photo shows some of the barrel cacti and road runner pattern pieces that I made for this art quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment