Sunday, January 29, 2012

Serendipity Exchange piece

 I have an exchange piece due for my Serendipity group. The  theme for this exchange is "The Writing's On the Wall". I don't do a lot of pieces with words in them, so I decided to keep that part simple.

I did a painting of  bonsai tree a year or so ago. I ordered some fabric with the painting image printed on it through Spoonflower. The printed fabric piece is shown to the right. It is about 4" x 6". Next I placed the printed fabric on some white corduroy and satin stitched it down to my background fabric. Then I added some lace to frame the painting.
For my next step I had to add some words to the piece. I had some fabric with scrolled letters as if they were on a chalk board. I cut out the letters for the word "bonsai" and stitched them down to another piece of white corduroy. Then this was satin stitched to the background. It is a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen-I received this beautiful piece of art yesterday. Thank you so much! I mailed out my piece to you yesterday. I hope you like it. Mia

    ReplyDelete