Wednesday, April 10, 2019

"No Hitter" - Progress Photos

  This is my most recent portrait piece and I'm calling it "No Hitter." It is based on a photo of my nephew Shane when he was in little league. Here is the photo that I have based it on:


This photo was taken by one of his parents.

I took the photo and traced a line drawing from it. I enlarged the line drawing and used that as my pattern.











My first step is to paint the exposed body parts. I use white cotton fabric for that. Here are some photos of the painting process:




It looks pretty ugly here, but it improves as you keep going.

Here is my palette:



After all the body parts are painted it is on to the clothing. I used a commercial fabric and enhanced it to give shadows and highlights. Here is a photo showing the shadows on the pants:
















I'll show more on this art quilt process in my next post. Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment