Friday, December 14, 2018

"Waste Not, Want Not" Close Ups



"Waste Not, Want Not" 


I thought I would show some details of this fiber art piece in this post. This first detail has a block with fruit and a leaf from a fabric painting class, a left over leaf block from a completed fall quilt, and a couple of pieces that are my watercolor paintings printed on fabric. 







In this detail - The horse rider was a test piece I made for a commissioned quilt. I placed it on an abstracted landscape fabric image I painted from left over paints. It looks like he's riding in to the landscape. The flamingos are watercolor paintings I did that I had printed on fabric. The pieced areas are from blocks I made in one of my first quilting classes.










  In this detail I have a couple of pitchers that I made during my "still life" obsession. The mission bell was painted for a California Mission based art quilt I made a few years ago. It didn't make the cut for the quilt, but here it is! Lastly, there is a painting of my own hand that I made for a painting practice exercise.

As you can see, in addition to a still-life phase I also went through I bird house phase. This art piece is like looking back through a scrap book for me. I think that is enough of the details and I thank you again for visiting my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment