Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What I've Been Up To...

I have been working on an art quilt the last couple of months but I haven't been able to show it because it's for a competition that won't be revealed until May. So I thought I would show you a couple of other things that I've been doing lately:


Getting ready for a weekend retreat  -  This is the pile of projects I am taking to the retreat. I am bringing way more than I can possibly do, but I never know what I may want to work on.




Finishing up a beaded bird - This is my latest.  I started it months ago and just recently pulled it out again. I'll show photos of this from other views for another post. But it's nice to have it done!

Painting classes - I've been doing a plein air class one day a week, and a studio class one day a week. I'm trying to paint with oils outside and watercolor inside. Here are photos of a couple recently completed paintings:

 Watercolor from a photo a took in the Rocky Mountains.




A plein air oil painting from Crystal Cove ( I think that's where I was!). I started it on site and finished it at home.











Gardening - It's spring and that is a great time to garden.  I've been converting my garden to more drought tolerant plants over the last few years. It's starting to shape up to something I like. 






















I look forward to posting my most recent project soon. Thanks for visiting my blog!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen - I loved reading this post. It's nice to see what you have been up to since we got together. Are you going to post while at the art retreat? Maybe on Instagram or Instastories? xo

    ReplyDelete