Saturday, September 16, 2017

"On the Boulevard" Background Design





I'm showing how I stitched the background in today's post. I first marked the background image with white soap, and then pin basted the top to the batting and back.



After basting was completed I began the machine quilting. I first stitched the silhouette of the figure, and then I stitched the background features around the silhouette. I tried to work around the background locking in larger areas before I went back in and completed the area. Here are some progress photos:











Here are a few photos showing the background stitching completed with the figure placed on the top. The figure is not stitched down yet.






I like the impression of the street scene in the background. Next step is stitching down the figure. Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment