Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Matilda, Mary and Me - Quilting Stitches



I thought I’d show some of the quilting stitches I used on this art quilt in this post. I have some favorite stitches that I like to use in every piece, like swirls and piggy-backed shell shapes. I weave these throughout a piece to add some continuity in the stitches.

swirls



piggy-backed clam shells







In other areas I might want to emphasize a direction, such as the stitches used on my Grandmothers dress. 
directional
















Or add a bit of whimsy

whimsy

If you want some ideas for quilting stitches I highly recommend Leah Day’s site (Leah Day). She has video tutorials and she did a 365 day quilt stitching project that gives you more than enough ideas.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment