Monday, April 6, 2015

Love Birds Make the World Go 'Round

I've been working on a project that I would love to show on my blog, but I can’t reveal it yet! Darn! So in the meantime, I’m going to post about a couple things I made last year.

Today’s post is about a small quilt that I made for a challenge entitled “Circles”. This challenge was for the Textures Fiber Arts group. The size requirement was 14” x 14”.  I have several small things in my “UFO” box, so I took a look there for something that would fit the theme. This is what I found:


Hearts All Aglow

This is a small quilt that I made for an exchange. It was called “Hearts All Aglow”. This quilt was sent away to another person, but I liked it and wanted to make another similar quilt for me to keep. The basis for this quilt was a watercolor painting that I had done several years ago of lovebirds on a branch with tree leaves hanging down around them.  I had already cut out the “lovebird parts” for the quilt I wanted to make and keep. That fabric happened to have circles on it, and that seemed like a good start for me for a “Circles” themed challenge. 

This is the finished project:



Circle of Life

I called it “Circle of Life” because love is what makes the world go round, right? It is a little different from the “Hearts All Aglow” piece that I sent away, but it has my sweet little lovebirds on a branch.
I will show some of the steps I used to make it in upcoming posts. 

As always, thanks for visiting my blog!


1 comment:

  1. Your choice of fabrics and applique atop a beautifully pieced background is beautiful. Also like how you have integrated rick-rack into this work.

    ReplyDelete