Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Start of a New Year - Goal Setting

First let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR  and welcome to 2012! This is my first blog post for the year, and it seems like a perfect time to set some artistic goals for the year. I like to do this each January because it helps keep me on track during the year. I write down goals for the year in a book and look back at the end of the year to see how I did relative to my goals. I also record all the projects I have completed during the year in the book. Focusing on completing projects before starting new ones has really helped me to be more productive. I have plenty of UFOs, but since I have started setting goals, the number of UFOs started per year has decreased, and the number of completed projects has increased.

Anyway, my goals for this year are going to focus on a list of the projects I want to finish, some skill improvement areas and working on "putting myself out there more".  I will expound on this more in a future post. But in the meantime, let's all think about goals for our artistic endeavors this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment